HomeLiverpoolTransfer Rumours

Transfer Rumour / Media Round-Up – April 27 2016

Hatem Ben Arfa has been linked with a free transfer Liverpool (Image: Ben Sutherland)

Hatem Ben Arfa has been linked with a free transfer Liverpool (Image: Ben Sutherland)

Liverpool have been linked with former Newcastle United player Hatem Ben Arfa, who would be available on a Bosman this summer.

Presently playing in Ligue 1 for Nice, Ben Arfa has rediscovered some form recently which has seen him score 17 goals in 34 appearances for the Riviera club.

Last week French media claimed the player had an offer from the Anfield club to join the Klopp revolution this coming summer.

Seemingly though, when Ben Arfa was asked about interest from Liverpool by L’Equipe, his replied with:

“I don’t like to talk about it. I have advisers who take care of these things and I am focused on the club’s objectives. I’m really tight with everything.”

This was enough for The Daily Express to confirm the Merseyside club’s intentions.

I think we might file that one under ‘I’m not sure’.


 

Liverpool target Timo Horn has told The Set Pieces that he is set for talks with his present club about his future.

This comes in the wake of another mistake by present first choice keeper at Anfield, Simon Mignolet in the 2-2 draw with Newcastle United.

The Anfield club have had scouts watch the FC Köln keeper for some time and may be tempted to make a move for him in the summer.

Horn has a release clause of €9 million according to Bild.

The Set Pieces asked Horn whether he will be at FC Köln  next season.

“We will see,” he said. “I have a long contract [until 2019] in Cologne and my heart is in Cologne. I think we will talk about it with the manager [Peter Stöger], Jörg Schmadtke and also the goalkeeper trainer and then we will see what comes next.”

Pretty non-committal it’s fair to say by Horn but he is a keeper Liverpool like from Bundesliga along with Loris Karius.


Chelsea’s England under 21 international striker Dominic Solanke has asked the club for £50k per week to agree a new deal reports Matt Barlow.

Solanke is highly regarded by the Stamford Bridge club where he is about to enter the final 12 months of his present £8k per week contract.

He is presently on a season long loan at Eredivisie club Vitesse Arnhem, where he has scored 7 goals in 24 appearances.

It’s thought Chelsea are determined not to be held to ransom and are conscious that agreeing to such terms may set a precedent for other emerging talent at the club.


Manchester United are interested in Arsenal midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain according to Bleacher Report.

Rumours have been circulating recently that Arsenal may be willing to allow the former Southampton player leave this summer.

This has led to reports linking him with moves to Manchester City, West Ham, and even a return to Southampton.

Jose Mourinho is a known admirer of Oxlade-Chamberlain and has been the subject of intense speculation himself about a move to Old Trafford.

With this in mind it was only a matter of time before ‘The Ox’ was linked too.


Staying with Manchester United, speculation remains rife that they are keen to bring young Benfica midfielder Renato Sanches to Old Trafford this summer.

It’s reported that Renato has a release clause of €60 million in his Benfica contract.

The Guardian say that there will be ”fierce competition” for the young midfielder, with Arsenal, Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain, Bayern Munich and Manchester City are all interested in acquiring the Portuguese international.


It’s nice to finish on what can be seen as a good news story.

Former Bulgarian international midfielder Stiliyan Petrov plans to make a return to professional football with Aston Villa this summer after a long battle with illness.

The midfielder was diagnosed with acute leukaemia four years but plans to join pre-season training with The Villains in July.

Petrov announced:

“I’m looking forward to a return to football again.  I’ve told Aston Villa that I’m ready to start a pre-season with them. Obviously they will always have the first look.

I’ve been working close to the idea for a year and a half and I’ve managed to come a long way. I started gradually with slow runs then I moved to five-a-side and then 11-a-side and half a pitch, then Sunday League.

I’ve been given permission to train with Villa U21s for the last four months. We’ve done a couple of tests in the last two weeks and my fitness is getting close to when I retired. I’m really excited and I understand the odds will be against me.”

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 0